With my wife (@mrsthejrowe) being vegan and me a vegetarian, i am always on the look-out for great new recipes. Recipes that are either already vegan/vegetarian or can be adapted to be so.
One of my favorite blogs to follow is called Meat Free from Tennessee (@meatfreefromTN). It’s a WONDERFUL tumblr blog run by Mindy White, Ethan Luck & Kalle Luck. In early November, Ethan wrote a post on how he made some Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps which really sounded like something delicious. After thinking through how i might make them (and really coming up with no changes to Ethan’s concoction) and tweeting Ethan to find out which buffalo wing sauce he used, i decided to give them a try.
They are pretty simple to prepare and extremely delicious. If you’re looking for a quick, delicious, full-flavored, vegan-friendly meal. Give these a try! I’ll include the ingredients and basic instructions below the pictures.
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Daiya Vegan Cheese Shreds (i used Pepper Jack flavor)
- MorningStar Farms Chik’n Strips</li>
- Romaine Lettuce
- Vegan Ranch (i’ll include the recipe below)
- Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce (it’s NOT “red hot” as the name may suggest… so don’t worry)
- Put frozen chik’n strips in a skillet pan and cook over medium heat until they are cooked through and start to brown.
- At this point i added the buffalo sauce. Feel free to add as little or as much as you desire. I started out with about a tablespoons worth to cover the entire bag of the chik’n, gave it a little taste and added a touch more. You’ll have to make the call for yourself.
- Next i spread out a small handful of the Daiya cheese on a tortilla and then started adding all the fixings. Chik’n, lettuce and vegan ranch dressing(recipe to follow)
- I then rolled them up burrito style, put them back in the pan and grilled both sides a little bit.
- Now just slide them out of the pan and on to your plate and enjoy.
Pretty quick and simple, right? If you have any questions, please ask. Now try them out for your self and let me know what you think!
Vegan Ranch Dressing Just enough for about two of the wraps.