Here’s a quick and easy meal that is easily one of our favorites, for lunch or dinner. Prep time is super low and you can cook the whole meal in a single pan so clean up is a snap too!
Here’s What You Need:
This should give you enough for two sub sandwiches.
- 8 to 10 Meatless Meatballs. We like the brand from Trader Joe’s
- Around half a bag of frozen peppers an onions veggie mix. Any brand will do. Trader Joe’s has an AWESOME grilled peppers and onions mix that’s delicious.
- About half a jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- A handful of Daiya Mozzarella Shreds to sprinkle on top
- Sub sandwich rolls of you’re choosing
- Garlic powder, black pepper or other seasonings, to taste
What i do is toss the peppers and onions in a pan and grill them up over medium heat for a little bit with some garlic powder and black pepper, to taste. While the onions and peppers are grilling in the pan i put the meatless meatballs in a bowl and warm them in the microwave for a minute or so to defrost them. After the peppers and onions are nice and tender, i add the meatless meatballs and mix them in with the peppers and onions. After a few minutes, add in the pasta sauce and turn the heat to low and let it simmer around 5 minutes or so.
Now it’s time to “build” your sub!
We usually scoop up 4 to 5 of the meatless meatballs along with some peppers, onions and sauce and put them in the sub roll. Sprinkle on top some of the Daiya Mozz Shreds and that’s about it! We will usually have our sandwiches with some potato chips or french fries and it ends up being a pretty filling meal.